Get A Sys Admin

sysadmin linux open source centos redhat rhel ubuntu apache mysql amazon ec2 s3 tutorial

Feb 9, 2010

Windows 7 on MSI Wind U100

After the problems I had with Ubuntu 9.10 I decided to try to install Windows 7 on my Advent netbook(a MSI Wind U100 clone).

I was very impressed to notice that installing Windows 7 was as easy as installing the latest version of Ubuntu. I used a tool available from their site to create a bootable USB. It's called Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool and this is the link to get it: http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool

Installation took about 30 minutes and everything worked out of the box except wireless and the scroll. Oh how I HATE that RTL8187SE! No OS likes it. I found some posts saying that it should work after a Windows Update, but it wasn't my case.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home